Wednesday, March 20, 2013

axioms

I used to hear them. I used to listen a lot. Unfortunately, most people I listened to were ill or broken or obtuse. I might have heard a thing or two when I was young, but by the time I was old enough to chose who I had contact with, I might not have heard a single thing worthwhile. Well, now that I think of it, a couple of teachers, but by high school I was so far gone there would have needed to be extraordinary measures. I was set in my thinking that the world was stupid and cruel, and I was alone in it, with nothing to do but try to survive while taking the least amount of damage I could. And there were plenty to strengthen my view. All but three, and I think only one caught a glimpse and gave me Siddhartha to read, but neither of us tried to reach out more than that. I trusted no one by that time.

I was very smart, I think. But they damaged me so much, I could barely survive, and it was in incredible pain. So here I am, trying to work around the brain damage. The pain has subsided, and I must learn to access other parts of my brain, or if possible retrain the damaged parts.  

No comments: